Monday, November 5, 2012

Cardiologist Appt 1

October 4th, I had my first cardiologist appointment after being diagnosed.  My husband came with me.  I was nervous.  I had no idea what to expect.  I got there and they did another EKG on me and that came back fine.  The doctor came in and ordered another Echo, it was a partial one.  She could not believe that I was this young, having no symptoms and have this low of an EF.  The test came back the same as the hospital.  They doubled my dose of Lisinopril and kept my Metoprolol the same.  They want to see me every month until I get on the maximum dose of the medicine.  They are optimistic that the medicines will increase my EF to where it should be.  She said that they can't do the ICD for at least 3 months after being diagnosed just to see if the medicines are working like they should.  I have to keep wearing this LifeVest.  I'm getting kind of used to it by now.  She seems like a great doctor.  She stayed in the room and took her time answering all the questions my husband and I had.  She had great bedside manners.  I go back November 8th for a regular appointment and to double my dose again.  Oh, some good news...I have lost 10 pounds in 2 months with all the limiting of salt and stuff.  Pretty good if you ask me!