Monday, September 30, 2013

Great news!

I went to the cardiologist for a routine follow up.  I had to get another Echo done before the appointment because the doctor wanted to see if I had improved since being diagnosed.  So, I went in and had the echo done.  It is pretty cool seeing your heart on the screen.  I was trying to read and figure things out but all the words were abbreviated and were medical terms that I did not know, but I thought I saw EF 38%.  I got happy for a while, but did not get my hopes up because I didn't know what exactly I was looking at.  I went back to the cardio to get the results and the doctor came in with a smile and said "Your heart is improving".  She said she likes to round down the EF numbers and told me that my EF was 35%.  So the number that I saw earlier was correct.  I am really glad that God is touching my heart and helping it improve.  I'll go back in 3 months.